- Review Warner’s Chapter 12 and Chapter 2 of the Wagner course text and the media program found in this week’s Learning Resources and consider the use of dummy variables.
- Create a research question using the General Social Survey dataset that can be answered by multiple regression. Using the SPSS software, choose a categorical variable to dummy code as one of your predictor variables. Please click on the following link to access the datasets and necessary material. https://class.waldenu.edu/bbcswebdav/institution/U… the username is firstname.lastname@example.org and the password is Pitbull93! The course is Quantitative Reasoning and the week is 10.
By Day 3
Estimate a multiple regression model that answers your research question. Post your response to the following:
- What is your research question?
- Interpret the coefficients for the model, specifically commenting on the dummy variable.
- Run diagnostics for the regression model. Does the model meet all of the assumptions? Be sure and comment on what assumptions were not met and the possible implications. Is there any possible remedy for one the assumption violations?